The Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
The Parent Teacher Student Association is made up of a team of volunteer parents and teachers whose mission is to help create an inclusive well-informed community where all families are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Every parent and teacher is automatically a member of the PTSA. The PTSA is managed by the PTSA Executive Committee which is comprised of elected members – 6 parents and 2 teachers and at least 1 student. Parents are elected in December and teachers at the beginning of the school year in August.
PTSA Executive committee meetings take place once a month, usually the first Monday of every month at 3:45 pm (please see The Weekly for details).
We connect. We communicate. We contribute.
ISH Community Principles
The PTSA is committed to key ISH community principles:
• We assume good intent and are non-judgemental.
• We focus our time on the activities that have the biggest positive impact on the community.
• We place value on building positive relationships that enable us to support the school mission.
• We welcome everyone, respect differences and are open to a wide range of viewpoints.
• We keep everyone informed.
Role of PTSA at ISH
- Bringing together the school community
- Organising events and community initiatives
- Raising funds to support ISH activities
- Coordinating Room Parents (Primary) and Parent Coordinators (Secondary)
- The PTSA chair represents the interests of the PTSA and the ISH community serving on the Operations Committee of the Board of Directors.
PTSA organises events for children and parents to have fun and to raise funds to support activities happening at the school throughout the year. Much time and energy given by our parent and teacher volunteers make these events possible.
Funding Project "One world, many stories"
The PTSA is proud to announce their funding project “One World, Many Stories”. For the past 4 years the PTSA has been investing $1500 each year in the school library. Already the PTSA is working with the school librarians, to purchase all the most recent best sellers and a wide selection of great books that make up a school library.
If you want to contribute to create a caring and successful community, please get involved! You can come and contribute to school life by:
• Becoming a volunteer of the PTSA
• Becoming a Room Parent for your child’s class
• Participating in PTSA events
• Sharing your knowledge and expertise
• In the school’s Weekly newsletter which comes out every Monday
• Through the ISH Community group in Whatsapp
• Contact a member of the PTSA team